TSCF, Inc, Madison Avenue, New York, NY 7/2009-2/2011.
Finance Manager for the foundation
• I am 100% solely responsible for handling all of the day to day nuts & bolts accounting, which includes but not limited to client invoicing, deposits, cash disbursements, daily cash management, reviewing their endowment fund's investments;
• Handle all bank and American Express reconciliations, producing monthly, quarterly and yearly P&Ls; ratio percentage allocations; budget preparation using the QuickBooks 2009/2010 accounting software. Risk management along with some HR duties, state registrations.
• Review of the foundation's overall monthly portfolio performance analysis, vis-à-vis how it has done historically (quarterly, annually), enter in results into QuickBooks
• Make recommendations such as lowering the portfolio's risk factor versus market beta, in order to preserve capital in the volatile market.
• Daily review of the foundation's cash position
• Reviewing invoices, negotiating w/vendors, doing various wire transfers and helping the firm prepare for their annual audit, monthly and yearly budget for the board members. In full charge of the entire accounting/finance department. Year end 1099s; ADP payroll analysis & ad hoc special projects.
Young Survival Coalition, Inc., New York, NY 6/2007- 2/2009
Financial Accountant (Consulting)
• Handle all of the day to day nuts & bolts accounting, which includes but not limited to AR, AP, invoicing, bank reconciliations, budget preparation using the Blackbaud Financial Edge accounting software.
• Reviewing the firm's endowment fund, tracking P&L as applicable
• Keeping tight control over the Restricted, Temporarily restricted & Non-Restricted monies.
• Reviewing invoices, negotiating w/vendors, doing various wire transfers and helping the firm prepare for their annual audit. In full charge of the entire accounting/finance department.
Avenue Capital Group, Madison Avenue, New York, NY 3/2007-5/2007
Financial Analyst/Senior Accountant (Consulting)
$17 billion dollar hedge fund, specializes in distressed markets. Offices in Asia, Europe and the US.
• Performed reconciliations and analysis using both Geneva and Axys accounting/trading systems.
• Daily analysis and reconciliation audit of the firm's US and international funds.
• Update internal performance sheets, indices performance, stock/bond/mutual fund analysis.
• Audit of the offshore (Europe, Asia & other international) fund as needed
• Review the realized, unrealized gains and loss between Axys & Geneva to see if there are any differences. Reconcile the brokerage statements each morning on both systems for any discrepancies between the two.
• Working on Excel calculating various internal rates of return for each fund for this past quarter.
• Used vlookups and other heavy Excel functions to discover errors, trade breaks and reviewed the brokerage statements each morning for accuracy. Avenue executes & clears through Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup & Bear Stearns.
Ithaka, LLC (The Andrew Mellon Foundation), New York, NY 12/2006-3/2007
Ithaka, LLC is a subsidiary of The Mellon Foundation
Senior Accountant (Consulting)
• Responsible for various special assignments, 5 years worth of JSTOR reconciliations, helping to prepare the monthly financial statements, the yearly 2007 JSTOR budget and assisting with the audit being conducted by Price Waterhouse Cooper.
Rodman & Renshaw, LLC New York, NY 5/2006-12/2006
R&R LLC is a hedge fund, investment bank, broker dealer, research firm specializing in pipes and bio tech related equities.
• Responsible for all AR and AP for the firm, using Quickbooks & Peachtree. Assisting the Operations Manager with his daily duties when he is out of the office, reviewing Time & Expense Reports, etc.
• Provide Partner with daily reports, cash balances, private investments valuation, professional fees, capital balances
• Update management expenses. Enter in, code, pay and reconcile AMEX and other bills.
• Reimburse expenses paid by Partners but allocated to the funds as need, and provide the itemization of expenses breakdown to Partners capital accounts
• Performance bank reconciliation, and AMEX credit card reconciliation
• Updating stock prices on various Excel spreadsheets, bank reconciliations, assisting the CFO in the updating warrants, management fees, and the required monthly closings and filings for the firm.
Viscogliosi Brothers LLC (VB LLC). Park Avenue, New York, NY 11/2004-3/2006
VB, LLC is a venture capital, hedge fund, investment bank, broker dealer & merchant banking, specializing in orthopedic and medical related devices.
• Update the quarterly information in the firm's investment and hedge fund portfolio. Calculate and pay management fees as required.
• Assist with the auditor's with K-1's and review tax situation to the partners
• Responsible for analysis of spending, all AR and AP for the firm. Daily reporting of the firm's cash position, cash balances, executing all domestic and international money wire transfers.
• Heavy use of QuickBooks.
• Track performance calculation and partners allocation of their investments
• Provide Prime Broker, broker-dealer with any valuation reports
• Update indices tracking sheet, NAV review and calculation
• Update internal Excel performance sheets, indices performance, etc.
• Update stock and bond prices for the firm's investment, and hedge fund portfolio as needed
• Monthly analysis and clean up of the general ledger, 1099 preparation, bank & AMEX reconciliations.
• Maintaining/controlling books for VB, LLC, MCRA, Spine Motions Inc., & Viscogliosi Brothers & Company (a broker dealer). Working with our firm's outside accountant for required tax filings.
Ventures Education System Corp. New York, NY 5/2004-7/2004
Project Manager. Temporary assignment/position in liaison with Wall Street Services LLC (Consulting)
• Put in charge of assisting the CFO& President of VESC in pricing & negotiating the Oracle network system for the firm.
• Priced & performed a cost benefit analysis of various computer systems in order to revamp VESC's hardware & software. Researched and analyzed alternative accounting software for the firm; locating & securing a leasing company for VESC.
• Performed an internal tax audit; assessing the numerous tax issues for the multiple states VESC conducts business. Took part in collection calls to VESC clients, & involved in the massive VESC mailing/marketing literature campaign.
TRT Research & Trading, LLC. New York, NY 2/2001-11/2003
Senior Operating Officer
• Was in charge of assisting the managing partners in running the NYC, Chicago & Philadelphia offices.
Reported market maker P&Ls to the partners on a daily basis to access risk & financial health of the firm; handled the A/R & A/P for the firm, internal audit, NASD, SEC compliance issues.
• Assist with the auditor with partner's K-1's and review tax allocations to the partners as required
• The duties were Anti-Money Laundering, compliance, operations, bank reconciliation, HR, W2s, taxes, recruiting, benefits, payroll, 401(k), retirement accts, insurance, compensation, dealt with vendors unique to the industry. The firm traded options, futures & derivatives on the AMEX, CBOE, CME trading floors.
• Worked closely with the firm's CPA & served as the main liaison to First Options of Chicago (FOC), SLK
& Goldman Sachs for confirms, settlements & expiration.
Universal Systems & Technology, Inc. (UNITECH).Washington, DC 5/1999-1/2001
Financial Analyst II/Senior Accountant
• Member of UNITECH Financial Team. Contractor to the FAA and the telecommunications industry, working on the AOP-600 contract with a fiscal yearly budget of $315 million.
• Project management, reconcile and coordinate correction of government erroneous coding with the regional offices throughout the US that occurs with transfers and submission of money requests (TSR's).
• Responsible for reducing 1,600 errors, down to only 588 errors in one month. Overseeing financial tracking, updating F&E balances. Staying abreast of the myriad cost center codes, and appropriation codes for the regions.
• Management of the ASOS project. Issuing and transmission of TSRs to VOLPE. Work with special databases designed and maintained by VOLPE at MIT. Attend weekly meeting with the clients and provide a status update of progress. Went to Cambridge and Boston, MA for work-related seminars and workshops.
Quadrangle Development Corporation (QDC). Washington, DC 7/1998-4/1999
Real Estate (REITS) Accountant
• Produced monthly financial statements for The Shops at National Place, The National Place, JW Marriott, 777 North Capital St., which included A/R reports with explanations, analysis of monthly and cumulative variance vis-à-vis the budget, cash forecast, work with REITS.
• Preparation of invoices, billings, collections, bank and investment reconciliations, journal entries, preparation of yearly budgets, forecasting and Big 4 external audit review.
• Reviewed leases; worked with the leasing, legal, and development departments. Prepared quantitative materials for quarterly meetings with the shareholders of the various properties.
• Supervised the A/P and A/R department for accuracy of receivables and payables. Dealt w/ office rental tenants/store owners.
Agence France Presse (AFP) Washington, DC 8/1997-7/1998
• Monthly audits of AFP's San Jose, Central America, Santiago, Bogota and Mexico overseas bureaus. Required use of Spanish and specially designed AFP accounting program in French.
• Reconciled bank statements, updated and checked client contracts for AFP's various services, performed budget analysis, verified that AFP's personnel are being paid in accordance to the taxes and salaries of the various bureaus, updated changes in the bureau's personnel files, operated under time deadlines, resolved problems, maintained confidentiality of sensitive material, and transmitted the monthly reports to the AFP's main headquarters in Paris, France.
The George Washington University, Washington, DC Major: BBA with concentrations in Finance and Marketing. Minor: Communication. Graduated May 18, 1997
Bloomberg, Geneva, Axys, QuickBooks Pro, Microsoft Office, Windows, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Oracle, Lotus, WordPerfect 5.1, JD Edwards, AS400, Internet, Quattro Pro, Macintosh, databases, project management, Peachtree, Blackbaud Financial Edge.
References available upon request.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.