Assess and treat persons with speech, language, voice, and fluency disorders. May select alternative communication systems and teach their use. May perform research related to speech and language problems.
• Monitor patients' progress and adjust treatments accordingly.
• Evaluate hearing or speech and language test results, barium swallow results, or medical or background information to diagnose and plan treatment for speech, language, fluency, voice, or swallowing disorders.
• Administer hearing or speech and language evaluations, tests, or examinations to patients to collect information on type and degree of impairments, using written or oral tests or special instruments.
• Write reports and maintain proper documentation of information, such as client Medicaid or billing records or caseload activities, including the initial evaluation, treatment, progress, and discharge of clients.
• Develop or implement treatment plans for problems such as stuttering, delayed language, swallowing disorders, or inappropriate pitch or harsh voice problems, based on own assessments and recommendations of physicians, psychologists, or social workers.
• Participate in and write reports for meetings regarding patients' progress, such as individualized educational planning (IEP) meetings, in-service meetings, or intervention assistance team meetings.
• Complete administrative responsibilities, such as coordinating paperwork, scheduling case management activities, or writing lesson plans.
• Instruct clients in techniques for more effective communication, such as sign language, lip reading, or voice improvement.
• Educate patients and family members about various topics, such as communication techniques or strategies to cope with or to avoid personal misunderstandings.
• Teach clients to control or strengthen tongue, jaw, face muscles, or breathing mechanisms.
• Develop speech exercise programs to reduce disabilities.
• Supervise or collaborate with therapy team.
Years of Experience: 2 or more
Education: Bachelor's Degree
How to apply
Please fill out our job application at http://www.skilledmedicalconsulting.com/#!jobs/chnx
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.