Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
FirstLawJob.com has law firms seeking entry level attorneys, admitted or admission pending the New York Bar to work on litigation matters. Candidates should be diligent, motivated, organized and will take pride in exceeding the expectations of clients in a great learning environment. . Excellent client relation skills are essential. Salary to commensurate with experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Counsels management to avoid legally unsound decisions or plans and when changes in the law occur.
2. Participates in the preparation of the defense in litigation. Works with outside counsel to develop the defense; briefs and guides them and supervises their work. Works with outside counsel on whether a case should be tried or settled.
3. May try cases.
4. Provides research, legal analysis, factual information, counsel and guidance on legal questions or issues.
5. Prepares position papers on various legal issues and interpretation of contractual provisions.
6. Occasionally may work with external clients while resolving legal issues.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Knowledge of the theories, principles, practices and procedures of litigation.
2. Good verbal and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
3. Strong negotiation, consultative and facilitation skills with the ability to effectively interact with all internal and external business partners.
4. Ability to exercise independent judgment, and to work with and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
5. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and senior level skill in managing ambiguous situations and issues.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.