Internet Health company, NYC
Director of Architecture
Contact: Simran 646 495 0906
Our client is looking for a Director of Architecture to join the Software Engineering team. This person will be responsible for the overall architectural direction.About the Engineering Team
The engineering team focuses on building highly scalable sites that can continue to service our growing traffic needs. We believe in small, empowered, self-directed agile teams that can have big impact. We use the right tool for the right problem – one size/language/platform doesn’t fit all solutions. Our current core technologies are .Net, Ruby, SQL Server, MySQL, Lucene and more.
About the Job
The architecture team is the glue between the various engineering teams and the operations team. They work on platform components that will help multiple teams scale and become very efficient. The team focuses on scalable architecture, caching strategies, code deployment processes, development tools, vendor evaluations, performance tuning and core platform systems including the content management system. Your job is to be the leader of this small, highly focused and experienced team. You should feel comfortable advocating your point of view, discussing trade-offs between hardware and software designs and pushing for change! You should have significant experience designing large scale multi-data center websites.
Job Requirements :
• Built highly scalable, redundant websites that can grow at 40-50% and can handle traffic of 10+ million uniques/day
• Expert at .NET and different caching strategies
• Leveraged cloud computing, CDN and multi-data center strategies for performance
• Understands tradeoffs between software and hardware architecture and designs
• Worked in a fast moving agile environment
• Located in SoHo, surrounded by tons of great restaurants and bars.
• Excellent benefits including a matching 401k, discounted gym memberships and a very generous vacation policy.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.