No Consulting firms.
No sponsorship available.
Must live on Long Island, NY to be considered.
Under the direction of the Director of Systems, Networks & Telecommunications the Senior System Architect and Security Specialist will function as member of the System Architecture and Security team. The incumbent will provide technical analysis, review, design, and recommendations for enterprise and departmental applications, institutional Share Point implementation, and their infrastructure for; as well as design and recommend the security infrastructure of those. The incumbent will contribute to the implementation of the infrastructure and systems, including their security. S/he will have the primary responsibility for administration and maintenance of the application security. S/he will design and develop databases, systems and applications to enable personnel to perform their tasks more efficiently. These databases, systems and applications include standard two and three-tier applications, and ERP applications. S/he will function as a member of the Systems, Networks & Telecommunications team.
This position plays an integral part in the development of strategies for optimal use of SharePoint, SQL Reporting services, Business Intelligence, Project Server and other collaborative tools within the organization, with a heavy focus on Data Warehousing in a Microsoft SQL environment.
• The incumbent will function as a member of the System Architecture and Security team and as a member of the Systems, Networks & Telecommunications for the Company and offsite locations.
• Work either in a team or independently in design, development, and maintenance of various databases, systems and applications, and infrastructure, and security of the same. Among others these systems include the ERP systems, various in-house systems, and the Share Point implementation.
• Design, recommend, implement, administer, and maintain the security infrastructure of these systems. Additionally, s/he will manage and maintain the individual user access to these systems.
• Install, configure, and customize these systems as necessary.
• Responsible for the design, architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring and security of Firm’s enterprise Microsoft SharePoint and SQL services and their underlying components.
• Oversee the SharePoint and SQL Server infrastructures, user access and application deployment, taking the lead role in implementing SharePoint in an enterprise environment.
• Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of all SQL servers, web servers, equipment, and software related to SharePoint infrastructure and Data Warehouse.
• Develop and manage change control procedures as they relate to promotion of code and data structures from development and test instances to production systems.
• Manage, monitor and administer database and system performance, including optimization and tuning of data loads/extractions and recommending appropriate changes to ensure and improve system performance and reliability.
• Design, implement and manage SharePoint and SQL disk and tape storage subsystems in a SAN environment. Continuously analyze space requirements and performance. Perform capacity planning and alterations/upgrades in alignment with Data Warehouse and other business objectives.
• Apply application and security patches to systems, applications, and databases.
• Manage job and activity schedules to do system backup/recovery, promote optimal performance, maximum availability and minimize data latency and data load durations.
• Develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections. Perform typical system administrative activities such as site creation, user training, backup, restore and issue resolution.
• Interface with the user community and various technical teams in determining and assessing the need, collaboratively or independently designing the appropriate hardware and software solution, and finally collaboratively or independently implementing the solution.
• The incumbent will be responsible for development, implementation, and delivery of various management reports using different University systems. Some of these reports will be produced periodically and some will be produced on an ad-hoc basis.
• Provide on-call coverage outside of business hours on a routine rotation basis and for special projects.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and, plus at least six years of experience in system and database administration, design and deployment in large, complex organizations is required.
• Minimum five years of experience implementing Microsoft Sharepoint, IIS and SQL server in a data warehousing and business intelligence environment.
• System and database security design, implementation, maintenance, as well as user access administration experience is required.
• Experience in implementing, administering, and maintaining Microsoft Project Server is highly desirable.
• Proficiency in clustering, load balancing and SAN concepts is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of sizing, capacity planning, backup and recovery planning with multi-terabyte data warehouse solutions in SQL Server is highly desirable.
• Knowledge on MS SQL Server BI architecture, Integration Services (SSIS), Analytic Services (SSAS), SharePoint Portal Server, and Relational Database is expected.
• Related MS certifications a plus.
• Basic proficiency in java programming.
• Basic proficiency in various scripting languages, e.g., perl, php, etc.
• Demonstrated proactive approach and self-initiative is a strong plus.
• Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of users with different expectations and backgrounds.
• Strong organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow-up.
• Managing projects and priorities in a dynamic, fluid environment.
• Excellent decision making and problem solving skills and effectiveness in getting things done collaboratively.
• Previous experience in a higher education environment is strongly desired.
• Must be able to work on holidays, weekends and evenings.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills, and ability to work independently are required.
• Excellent customer service skills.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.