No Consulting firms.
No sponsorship available.
Must live on Long Island, NY to be considered.
Under the direction of the Director of Data Warehouse the Senior Systems Analyst will be responsible for the design and implementation of ETL and reporting solutions for Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and Enterprise Reporting System. The candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the most advanced database and data warehouse technologies to develop and support the data warehouse and data marts by mainly using MS SQL Server BI platform. The incumbent will be responsible for programming, testing, and implementing both analytical reporting and/or enterprise reporting in-house and commercial solutions by using MS SQL Analysis Services and Reporting Services. The incumbent will be responsible for managing and maintaining MS Office SharePoint user security, and creating and maintaining MS Office SharePoint websites. In addition, the incumbent will create user documentation and work with users to create standard and ad hoc reports using MS SQL Server BI platform. Finally, the incumbent will support and train the end users.
• The incumbent will function as a team member for the Data Warehouse unit supporting Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and Enterprise Reporting System in use in Company and offsite locations.
• Design and build ETL processes for Financial OLAP and HR OLAP by using MS SQL Server integration services to extracts data from ERP or other systems to MS SQL Server.
• Design and build multi-dimensional analytical reports/applications for Student OLAP, Financial OLAP, and HR OLAP by using MS SQL Server Analytic Service (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Manage and maintain Analysis Services Server and SQL Server Management Studio.
• Design and build database views/models by using MS SQL Server Model Designer.
• Design and build database access control by leveraging role-level and row-level security.
• Work closely with functional team to implement analytical in-house and commercial solution.
• Manage and maintain MS Office SharePoint user security and website.
• Create and maintain DWH User Manual and Developer Manual.
• Work closely with end users to support day-to-day production.
• Execute regularly scheduled tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and also provide daily support for existing reporting environments.
• Monitor and tune performance of the systems.
• Provide on-call coverage outside of business hours on a routine rotation basis and for special projects.
• Share responsibility for supporting the user community.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and, plus at least five years of related experience is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
• Advanced-level SQL skills and proficiency with a variety of BI and reporting tools such as MS SQL Server 2005/2008 Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS), and Integration Services (SSIS) is required.
• Experience with OLAP environments such as Analysis Services along with background in Scorecarding/Dashboarding is required.
• Experience with MS Office SharePoint server environment is required.
• Proficiency with SQL, views, and stored procedures is required.
• Demonstrated programming experience with C#, C++, VB, or VBA is strongly desired.
• Proficiency designing and developing ETL routines with Microsoft SQL Server is required.
• Familiarity with user requirement assessment and compilation is required.
• Demonstrated proactive approach and self-initiative is a strong plus.
• Managing projects and priorities in a dynamic, fluid environment.
• Excellent decision making and problem solving skills and effectiveness in getting things done collaboratively.
• Previous experience in a higher education environment is strongly desired.
• Must be able to work on holidays, weekends and evenings.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills, and ability to work independently are required.
• Excellent customer service skills.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.