Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Data analyst (Research Support) supports market data and trading model validation related requests from Research and Trading departments within the company. This is a technical supporting role. The perspective candidate will spend about 70% of time addressing requests regarding market data, trading model validation, and work with developers to enhance the related processes, while devote about 30% of time doing development (see details below).
- Work with portfolio managers and researchers as 1st level support to address their questions regarding data sets and model validation process
- Monitor various trading model validation processes, perform troubleshooting and apply fixes or escalate to 2nd level support
- Regular maintenance on trading models, such as updating configuration parameters, upgrading and applying user requested modifications
- Administrate user access to market data, tracking the usage and produce reports
- Design/implement/enhance monitoring applications and tools to help investigate relevant problems
- Compile and analyze data set and trading model statistics and coordinate with other internal departments to produce specialized reports
- Maintain internal web pages that interface with Trading and Research on data usage and model validation
Requirement on perspective candidates
- Interested in applying technology to real situation, comfortable working in fast paced working environment, detail oriented and capable performing task under time pressure
- Effective problem solving both independently or as member of a team
- Good communication skills: must be fluent in English, spoken and written
- Background in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, with minimum Masters Degree. Proof of good academic record (such as GPA or other relevant test scores)
- Experienced with working under Linux environment. Proficient with common utilities such as find/grep/awk/sed/ls/cut/cp/tar/ps/ssh etc. Familiar with Vi or Emacs for editing files
- Experienced with scripting language, Perl and shell scripting are required, knowing Python is a plus. This requirement can be dropped/loosen only if candidate shows strong ability in other required skills, and successfully demonstrate he/she can pick up the skill in reasonable timeframe
- Knowledge of C/C++, common algorithms and data structures (binary tree, sorting, etc) and Object Oriented design. Familiar with compilers, debuggers under Linux (gcc, g++, gdb).
- Knowledge of basic statistics/probability, familiar with concepts such as correlation, standard deviation and how to calculate
- Familiar with database operations (with MySQL), including schema building, query, data loading, backup, restore
- Familiar with web site maintenance, web server configuration, CGI (Apache, CSS, HTML, ModPerl/Mason)