Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Our customer is the President of multi-national software development firm (this is their customer) so there is a good chance the relationship is his and that its tight with the decision makers and that they have a significant amount of other developers working there already. I'd be willing to bet that there are more than one req here if we get one person in.
It also appears to really be a java position with related ROR development experience. Below is the slightly different REQ that we were sent.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Implementation of Standards Definitions and Guidelines
- Implementation of Specifications for APIs/Interfaces and working with RE (QA/Test)
- Collaborating with Engineering Leads to ensure that Code matches conveyed Standards
- Estimating Sprint Tasks, Times, and Deliverables with Product Manager and Engineering Team
- Leading Daily Standups
- Holding Code Reviews with Engineering Leads and Engineers
- Ensuring Services, Interfaces, and Integrations are consistent
- Secondary Scrum Master
- Proven track record in Engineering and Designing Solutions
- Proven experience with Agile (experience with both Scrum and Kanban preferred)
- Experience working with distributed teams including on-shore, near-shore, and off-shore
- Experience coding in JVM based language(s) and/or Ruby
- Experience in TDD based Development
- Java Spring or JRuby
- SOA, Distributed Systems, Messaging, ESB, or Grid Experience a Plus
- Startup experience preferred
- Experience Managing SaaS based products is a plus
8+ years in software development, with progressively more senior roles
Bachelors Degree (But not necessarily in Computer Science or related discipline)