QA Engineer for WebServices Project.
We are developing a set of financial software applications and are in need of a Senior QA Analyst to perform testing. Must be experienced (see qualifications below) and must have the Financial Knowledge. The role will largely include testing Web Services. Ideal candidates will have SAOP UI Manual and Automation testing skills.
Roles and responsibilities:
§ The Software QA Engineer debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply and maintain quality standards for company products.
§ He/she develops and executes software test plans and writes/maintains automated test tools scripts, utilities, etc: QTP tool knowledge a must.
§ The individual will analyze and write test standards/procedures and maintain the adherence to the standards.
§ Web Services testing – XML, SOAP.
§ The Engineer will also maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
§ Additionally, the individual will analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
§ The individual will also consult with development engineers in resolution of various issues and/or problems.
§ 6 + years experience in software testing
• Expert level Testing Experience with web services. The resource should test the API’s as well as validate the data returned thru web services responses. Knowledge of XML, Schema, WSDL, XPATH, Groovy scripting - preferred.
• Automate Web Services and execution using Automation tools – SOAP UI or QTP etc. – A Mus
• Experience with database Architecture and SQL queries – A Must
• Deep understanding of Scrum software development methodology with practices including continuous integration and test driven development (MINIMUM 1 year experience with Scrum).
• Experience with agile tracking and defect reporting tools such as JIRA.
• Strong Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, detailed oriented, interpersonal skills.
• Design and execute test scenarios and scripts.
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
Financial Industry experience
§ Good and timely communication skills, important with a remote team
§ Self motivated, meets deadlines and pro-actively gives advance notice when deadlines won't be met
§ Must be able to work independently
§ 6+ years Software testing experience.
§ A strong background in database application testing, SQL, web technologies and performance testing techniques is a preferable. Testing disciplines for validating data integrity, middleware (APIs/QAPI), back end servers and UI functionality.
§ Strong analytical skills required
§ Experience with automated test tools (QTP) required.
§ Attention to detail required
§ Technical writing capabilities desired
§ Microsoft office suite: 2003, 2007, 2010
§ Microsoft .NET / WCF
§ Oracle 10g, SQL Server
Education: Computer science or engineering degree strongly preferred
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.