Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Well funded start up in NY
We’re an exciting startup hiring passionate people to build a rewarding
business. And we’re looking for a rare breed of magic server developer, who
lives to make extraordinary things look easy.
What’s our deal?
Our client is a NY-Area venture-backed consumer mobile/web startup. We’ve
built an addicting mobile application that’s growing rapidly, providing millions of
rapid responses per day to users asking all manner of questions on the go. The
company has a core team of about 10, many of whom have worked together for
years, and recently closed a Series A round from some great venture firms.
We’ve built our systems so far on native mobile platforms for iOS and Android,
and PHP server code with a pinch of Ruby to spice things up. Our backend
systems are awesome, we’re using MongoDB for all our transactional data, and
Vertica DB for business intelligence and data warehousing.
What have you done?
• Described yourself at various times as an engineer, a programmer, a system
administrator, a database guru, a tester, and at select times, an elite technical
god trapped in mortal flesh
• Been living and breathing web development for 5+ years using modern tools,
MVC frameworks, NoSQL databases, Cloud deployments, and all the gooey
goodness of the open source web stack.
• Acquired a deep base of understanding of the theory of computer science and
software engineering through a Bachelor’s degree or general Matrix-like
• Proven strong, pragmatic, and highly hands-on technical development skills in
PHP and/or Ruby on Rails while maintaining a technology agnostic mentality
crucial to picking the best solution every time
• Spent lots of time in data systems, big and small, understanding the
implications of data design. Experience with scaling and sharding big data, and
MongoDB a plus
• Shown a keen intellect, innovative problem solving skills, and the ability to selfdirect
towards clean, elegant results.
• Gained an attuned aesthetic sensibility and an overriding appreciation for
exceptional user experience as the ultimate goal of all design and development
Who are you going to be?
• A craftsman in your trade. You believe that if something is worth doing at all,
it’s worth doing fully, elegantly, creatively. And you know the difference
between problems “solved” and problems “solved right”
• Practiced, talented, and growing. You’re very good at what you do, and you
demand that you’re better at it today than you were yesterday, and not nearly
as good as you’ll be tomorrow.
• A fearless innovator. Driven by optimism, you don’t settle for compromises.
You fail gracefully and drive forward stronger, smarter, and more determined.
• A joy to work with. Through humility, service to your customers, respect for
your colleagues, a good sense of humor, and old-fashioned hard work, you
bring delight and excitement to bear every day on the challenges of a startup.
If you know you’d delivery crazy value to our world, and you just need more
information about why the heck you’d want to work for us, we’d relish the chance
to convince you. more information.