No Consulting firms.
No sponsorship available.
Must live within a commutable distance of Long Island, NY.
• Position Summary: The network administrator is responsible for setting up, installing, configuring and monitoring networks (LAN and WAN). Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates and maintains a backup plan. Recommends upgrades, patches, new applications and equipment to the IT manager for consideration. Provides technical support and guidance to local and remote users.
• Network administrator supports, Manages, and ensures operating capability of both the LAN and WAN networks both wireless and wired are up for all hours of operation
• Experience required in setting up and troubleshooting network equipment such as storage devices, switches, firewalls, routers and VPNs
• Ensuring hardware, software, and network upgrades, installs, re-installs, and changes are efficiently completed as
• Installing, configuring, and maintaining PCs, workstations, networks, servers, network cabling and Ethernet networks.
• Troubleshooting computing systems, networks, and applications to identify malfunctions and correct them as well as other operational difficulties.
• Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration, and installation.
• Planning and implementing network security, including setting up firewalls, managing host security, applying cryptography to network applications, and regulating file permissions
• Familiarity with MS Exchange 2003/2007 required
• Strong grasp of network and OS troubleshooting, including Microsoft XP/2000/7 and Server OS 2003 2008 is required
• Strong experience with desktop troubleshooting, and daily activities associated with the management and administration of all network servers
• Experience with Active Directory Domain environment required
• Experience required in Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware technologies
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Special consideration may be given to applicants holding a CCNA and/or MCSE certifications
Years of Experience:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Microsoft networking, TCP/IP PC and Microsoft Windows maintenance and troubleshooting. Must have knowledge of LAN, WAN, wireless, and a good understanding of network routing
Must have the ability to set goals, organize tasks, and prioritize assignments. Good Multitasking skills are a must along with the ability to work independently with little or no supervision. Must have the ability to participate within a technical team. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to develop technical documentation for the non-technical user.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.