Job Title: Document Control / Business Data Specialist
Location: Holtsville, NY 11742
Duration: 6-12+ months (Strong possibility for extension)
Job Description / Requirement:
• Prepare and upload item, bill of material, and change order information into PLM and ERP systems.
• Review items and change orders which are submitted for release in Agile PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) and Oracle R12 ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) tool.
• Assign items to organizations per departmental procedures.
• Process change orders and update information in Oracle R12 system.
• Troubleshoot issues and errors in release/update process.
• Verify accuracy of information on change requests.
• Reformat data in Excel files for upload into Oracle R12 system.
• Responsible for creating and processing accurate and complete Item Master and BOM information
• Notify supervisor of updates required to departmental procedures.
• Analyze procedures and processes to improve efficiency and/or methods of operations
• Under the guidance of the Product Specialist, release purchased parts and assemblies
• Review error logs and correct errors as assigned.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
Experience and Education
• Strong MS Excel or equivalent spreadsheet skills required
• New grad with bachelor’s degree in a business, engineering or technical discipline
• OR Associates Degree in business or engineering with a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
• OR 5 years of experience working in a Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, or Administrative environment, working with computer BOMs, item master maintenance and product structuring
• MS Windows, presentations, database experience a plus. Knowledge of MRP/ERP (Material/Enterprise Resource Planning) and PDM/PLM (Product Data/Lifecycle Management) systems a plus.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively interface with associates in all disciplines and functions
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.