Job Description / Requirement:
**Part Time - 24 Hours Per Week**
• Provides technical expertise and guidance for safety, health and environmental programs and services.
• Evaluates and monitors company practices to ensure compliance with all environmental, health and safety governmental regulations.
• Advises management on ways to enhance employee safety while still maximizing productivity.
• Develops workplace safety programs that result in worker’s compensation and insurance premium savings.
• Develops environmental, health and safety programs that result in cost savings and reduction in the company’s environmental footprint and potential environmental legal liabilities.
• Develops and delivers training on safety, health and environmental issues to impacted employees.
• Reviews inspection/audit reports and recommends methods, processes, and operations that help to ensure the organization’s safety, health and environmental regulatory compliance.
• Ensures that accurate safety, health and environmental record-keeping procedures are followed.
• Identifies environmental/safety factors that may adversely impact employee health and safety.
• Thorough analysis, evaluation, and testing of potential safety, health and environmental exposures.
• Prepares reports of industrial EHS findings and submits recommendations.
• Reports safety, health and environmental non-compliance issues to management; teams with management to develop recommend solutions.
• Enforces established policies and procedures and takes corrective action when necessary.
Skills / Qualifications needed:
• Bachelor’s degree with 2 or more years of directly related experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer skills: Familiar with Office computer applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and able to learn and use new (in-house) applications.
• Knowledge of ISO 14000, OHSAS 18000, and applicable EPA / OSHA standards.
• Emergency medical response experience/training preferred.
Examples of Job Tasks (not all-inclusive)
• Coordinate and lead internal medical emergency response team.
• Coordinate and lead Site Safety Team.
• Coordinate or provide training for site teams.
• Institute formalized housekeeping inspection program.
• Review and update facility chemical inventory, transfer into electronic chemical inventory system.
• Assist with implementation of a variety of Safety programs.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.