Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Allied Search Partners, the only boutique laboratory staffing firm in the country is currently working to identify a qualified laboratory professional. Know someone for this position? We offer a $$ bonus if we place your referral in a position.
For a complete list of current Allied Search Partners openings Nationwide please go to: http://www.alliedsearchpartners.com/careers.php
Job Title: Cytopreparatory Technician (Cytoprep)
Location: Port Chester, NY area
Schedule: Monday-Friday 10pm-6am/Full Time Direct Hire
Sign On Bonus: One of the benefits of working with Allied Search Partners is that we offer a sign on bonus to all of our candidates that we place in a permanent/direct hire position.
To Apply: Please send resume to [email removed] or fax to 888 388 7572. Please note that no other information can be disclosed about location or client until we receive your resume.
Summary of Dutes:
1. Ensure specimen integrity upon arrival and through out the entire process.
2. Dictate a gross description for each biopsy specimen, dissect and prepare tissue for cassettes.
3. Gross core needle biopsy and all anatomical pathology specimens (under the supervision of a Pathologist Assistant and /or pathologist).
4. Prepare dissected tissue specimens and place into cassettes.
5. Load prepared cassettes in Tissue Processors.
6. Operation of all tissue processors.
7. Compliance with all Federal and State regulations pertaining to Grossing:
a. Adhere to workload requirements.
b. Maintenance of accurate work records (i.e., Maintenance Logs, Filter Logs, Bench Excerpts etc.).
8. Able to evaluate new laboratory equipment and procedures.
9. Able to perform Quality Control and Quality Assurance Procedures.
10. Working knowledge and understanding of TPS / Lab Manager IS System.
Reconciliation of cytology specimens. Process cytology specimens by opening, labeling, numbering, verifying patient identity and enter information from the test requisition. Gross and prepare smears, mono-layered cytospins and cell blocks. Stain, cover slip, collate and book all cases. Operation of and responsible for all clinical testing (urinalysis, breath test, proficiency tests) the documentation and quality assurance surrounding both cytology and clinical testing.
• Reconciliation of cytology specimens when delivered.
• Accurately gross specimens.
• Process medical cytology specimens including fine needle aspirations, non-gynecological smears and monolayers. Must be able to identify and confirm patient identity and sample integrity.
• Process cytospins using SurePath and cell block reagent.
• Accession number and label all paperwork, specimen slides, tubes and jars.
• Run urinalysis and confirmatory testing under the supervision of the medical technologist and/or Chief.
• Maintain all daily logs.
• Stain, cover slip, collate and book all cases processed.
• Perform QC and QA of all slides processed.
• Data enter all information that appears on the test requisition when necessary.
• Documentation of specimen integrity log, specimen processing and all maintenance logs.
• Ability to trouble-shoot equipment failures.
• Answer the phones and correspond to the needs of client, laboratory and pathologist.
• Associate’s degree in related science
• NYS license as a Clinical Laboratory Technician
• 1 year of related laboratory experience
• Working knowledge of computers and various applications
**Need a similar laboratory professional for your lab? Contract us today for more information on how we can help fill your job opening with a qualified laboratory employee.