Responsible for the accurate analysis of incoming raw materials, bulk liquids and finished products utilizing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Assures released raw materials, bulk liquids and finished products have met the required specification criteria prior to release. Investigate failures to determine final disposition. Maintain accurate, complete and traceable documentation related to analysis and disposition.
This position requires an individual who is knowledgeable performing microbiological procedures by following test methodology and aseptic techniques. Employees must be well organized and computer literate.
1. Performance of diversified microbiological testing as needed by using SOPs and WIs on raw materials, bulk liquids and finished products.
2. Daily collection and testing of DI water to ensure that microbiological specifications are met.
3. Perform identifications of microorganisms through gram staining and the use of appropriate id systems
4. Perform non-routine microbiological testing such as: bioburden, sterility and validation studies.
5. Perform of environmental testing as per test methodology.
6. Ensure that all results are accurately recorded in appropriate laboratory logs or another designated forms.
7. Under supervision purchase microbiological supplies.
8. Prepare media when required. Operation of autoclave.
9. Clean and sanitize laboratory, including hoods and cleanroom, at specified intervals by following appropriate SOP and/or WI.
10. Perform calibration, reading and recording of instruments within the Micro Lab.
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Microbiology or other related science.
At least one year of experience in a laboratory environment (Micro lab preferred).
1. Computer literate.
2. Demonstrate ability to perform work accurate and be able to follow test methodology.
$40K TO $45K - DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
NYACK, NEW YORK AREA
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.