My client, a multi office accounting firm with approximately 50 professionals, is looking for an experienced Tax Coordinator/Administrator for its growing tax practice. Firm provides above-market compensation, nice atmosphere, along with work/life balance. This is a role that can grow as the department continues to grow.
Under the general supervision of the Tax Partner the Tax Coordinator prioritizes and organizes all tax returns submitted for processing to ensure timely completion and also supervises the department’s Assistant Tax Coordinator.
SECTION 3: TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Track all forms of business tax returns (Corporate, Partnerships, Fiduciary, Gift Tax, Employee Benefit Tax and all state returns) with tax tracking software.
• Contact by e-mail, phone or meet in person with all in-charge partners, principals and managers concerning status of tax returns due the 15th of each month. At least 10 days prior to the due date.
• Check the more complex "processed" tax returns for proper assembly before sending to the Partner and/or client and prepare cover letters to accompany these returns.
• E-file all business returns and track on CCH Electronic Filing System.
• Organize meetings to keep tax processors up-to-date on new procedures and changes in the tax processing laws of the federal and state governing agencies.
• Call government agencies with questions from clients, partners or managers concerning clients that have received notices regarding their tax returns.
• Field questions on tax return filing status, etc. from partners, principals and managers and clients.
• Log and oversee logging of completed returns, changes in client info, etc. on the Due Date Monitor tracking system and on various Excel worksheets.
• Prepare from Pfx copies of tax returns in pdf format, Portal upload and paper format when requested by client or Partners.
• In charge of 1040 Tax Organizer distribution clients in the New York City office. Update instructions and coordinate procedures, field questions and resolve problems throughout Tax Season relating to the Tax Organizers letters, engagement letters, pulling files for 1040 meetings, etc.
• Pull 1040 files and set up for preparer interviews.
• Keeps track of supplies needed for tax processing.
• In charge of all files on and off site.
• Works closely with partner in charge of the Firm’s paperless project.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.